
An email from me to my ATI instructor last night:
Dear ******,
Well, I took the NCLEX and am really freaking out. I got 75 questions, about 8 select all that apply (which I stink at), 1 drug calculation, lots ofpriority/delegation. I do not feel good about it at all. I feel like I wasnt exposed to half the information that was presented. I cant even find correct answers for some of the questions I remember that I just flat out didnt know. It was really hard. I managed to stay calm and did my best. Any wordsof wisdon here? Everyone keeps saying they "KNOW" I passed and I am so afraid I didnt! Any advice???
*Thankforyourtimeblablabla-Prisca*
And her reply this morning:
I can not tell you how many times I have heard this story ---and, guess what--students with your scores on the ATI program just don't fail NCLEX. I know you are replaying each question in your head and probably can not think of any you got even near right ---but you did! When you get your score on Monday, you will be a very happy camper. When you come off the walls, drop me an email. I will watch out for it. Take a deep breath!
OK, so I dont believe a word she is saying, but I do love her for writing those words to me...
During the wait, I am sure it is normal to convince oneself that they failed the NCLEX.
That said, I feel like I failed. Would probably bet money on it at this point.
I dont know--I cant remember any of the upper level questions and I know I missed some of the knowledge based ones. How could I have possibly passed that? I would get like 5 or 6 really hard questions in a row, then a relatively easier one, then back up into the hard ones. My second to last question was a leadership question.
I have to work a 12 tomorrow and am trying to figure out how to get my results at 10AM at work???? Thinking of sneaking in the bathroom and looking them up on my phone but dont know if that will work or not. But then what if I fail? I will be a wreck at my new job, so thinking I should just wait until I get home tomorrow night.
And yes, I AM checking pearson every couple hours in the hope that I am the ONE PERSON IN THE WORLD that they posted the results early for. On a weekend. Because God told them to. Har!
I feel absolutely crazy. For those of you out there waiting to take the exam--I just want you to note here what a basketcase I am...OK? Now you know and you will feel normal when you act like this. Warn your family and friends ahead of time!!!!
Now back to waiting...
1.27.2008
Emails:
Posted by Prisca: at 7:34 AM
Labels: Anxiety (again), NCLEX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was EXACTLY the same way! Except, I had to work on Friday, which helped a TON!! Until I got home. Then, I was checking Pearson regularly. I didn't hardly sleep at all Friday night. Up every two or three hours, just to see if my pass/fail was in. Of course, it wasn't, until my test time. Sweetheart, you passed. Your ATI scores showed that, your nursing school scores showed that, and most of all your NCLEX cutting off at 75 showed that. Take a deep breath and go shopping. Yes, you will find a way, at 10 am tomorrow to check your scores because that's what we do. And you will be ecstatic. Hang in there, only 19 hours and 43 minutes left! :) (((((HUGS))))) cjb, rn :)
one of my best nursing buddies, said the same thing. In fact she was so sure she had failed, that she wouldn't even check to see. She got a call from a friend DAYS later congratulating, since she noticed her name. Needless to say, she was FLOORED! I am glad that you passed!
Post a Comment