So ya know the whole "you will feel like you failed" NCLEX feeling everyone talks about? Well, its pretty accurate. I feel like I failed based on what a normal test feels like when I pass. Hm. Yet NCLEX is not a normal test!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I got up at 0630, reviewed some labs, got dressed, went to beakfast at Einsteins with the family and got to the test center a half hour early. WEnt into the bathroom and got a little sick to my stomach. Went into the office and they let me go right in to the testing room after fingerprinting, mug shot, and removal of all personal belongings. Wasn't very nervous, just kind of felt like I was in a dream of something.
I got ear plugs and think those helped although I could hear myself hyperventilating. Would have to agree that there is practically NO WAY to study for this exam. I was unfamiliar with about 95% of the content. Some questions seemed pretty common sense, others impossible. Took me about a hour to take the thing, got 75 questions, 1 drug cal, about 8 SATA, and lots of priority type questions. TONS of meds and wierd obscure things about them. Just kind of guessed my way through using Maslow, Nursing Process and ABC's. I even wrote all my labs down prior to the test and the only thing that helped was knowing electrolyte values and WBC.
I prayed right at #75 that God would spare me the rest of the test--and He did!!!! LOL! Honestly, 265 questions like that would have been murder.
Afterwards, DH took me out to lunch and now I am going to take a nap and zone.
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that studying in school and I feel I know nothing. I'd like to hope that I passed, but the whole thing was just horrid. I am just kind of stunned, I guess?
Thats the story thus far. Thank you all so much for thinking of me today and posting all your kind comments. I didnt feel at all alone during the test. God was with me through the whole thing and I was able to at least take the exam without freaking out. Havent shed a tear yet!!
And monday cant come quickly enough!
1.26.2008
Ah, what they say is true...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You did great! At least you didn't feel sick afterwards, that when it all hit me! I was literally praying for more questions!! I'm anxiously awaiting Monday for you, but I already know your results! :) ((((HUGS))))
It sounds like you did great! I know you passed!
I heard the test was pretty med heavy. How did you prepare for that?
I can't wait to hear your results!!
I can't wait to read that you passed! I will definately stay tuned!
I just thought I was reading my own blog (oh yea, haven't written anything yet...)...
Guess its just about the same for everyone (except those poor unfortunate souls who DO get all 265 - I cannot even imagine!!!)
Post a Comment