1.28.2008

Today...

I just wanted to write myself a little note here...

It is 4:30 in the morning and here I sit. Sometimes I look at my life and wonder at where I am--for someone who is a disaster in many ways, God has given me so much to be thankful for and has brought me some really happy times and accomplishments. It is strange to think that one day will make such a big difference in my life--that I have a lot on the line "professionally" today.

What I want to remember, no matter what happens, is that I am not just a nurse. That being a registered nurse is not the goal of my life. Really. My goal is to love God and to love those around me. That is such a challenge--more of a feat than what I am facing now.

If I dont make it with the NCLEX, or if I lose my job, or if somehow I just dont succeed with all of this, I am really thrilled that I have had this chance--God has given me the opportunity to become a nurse. This has been one of my heart's desires and it has been a long time coming. I have learned patience, perserverance, and the true meaning of the word "hard work." I feel like I could take on anything at this point in my life.

So the focus is not on me, but on what God has done in me, and in the people I will hopefully help today--even if I only get this one day on the floor, I pray that God will use me in some way to show His love for someone else through my actions.

By faith (and I'll admit I am not the most faithful!) I am going into something new today. I am at peace and I hope you are, too. May you all have a day full of God's love! I am thinking of you!

5 comments:

jenny said...

I'll be thinking of you today!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful - I can't wait to read the post that tells us all that you PASSED!

Crystal said...

I just got home and am anxiously awaiting you getting home to post your success! ((((HUGS))))

CathRN said...

I hope you had a great day in the hospital! I am dying to know how you did on the NCLEX and hope you got some great news today.

Catherine

Nursapalooza said...

Excellent, couldn't say it better myself! God bless you, and setting those priorities!