Got up this morning and went to fourbucks for a couple hours and studied my pathos for competencies (worked on ARDS or acute respiratory distress syndrome), then met a friend at the lab and we practiced suctioning and IV sticks. I am being a good little student.
Everything is done for my new job--including the wierdest physical I have ever been subjected to. This included being sprayed in the mouth w/ some wierd substance, having to march in place wearing a respirator and a Hazmat-type white hood while reciting a poem about rainbows and pots of gold, and culmintaed in getting a nice long lecture whilst stripped down to my undies in an exam room from a CRNP about how I know nothing and how nursing school has taught me nothing. Um.
Anyway, besides all that, the good news is that my pay got bumped again to $14.50/hr! WOW! That's the most I've ever made working for anyone (made more when I used to free-lance edit). BTW, I am scared poopless over the job.
Hope you are having a good weekend. I have lots more to do before Monday! BUT, tonight is family night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8.25.2007
pat on the back
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment