8.24.2007

no sleep


It is a bad sign when in week one I am already having trouble sleeping. Have a lot going on already--went to the bookstore w/ a friend from class yesterday. Had an interesting conversation:

Friend: Have you done your reading for Monday's quiz?
Me: Yeah, read all 5 chapters over break. They didn't seem to fit w/ community nursing, but oh well.
Friend: Oh, well, I don't like the community book anyway.
Me: What community book? The chapters were in our Brunners (BIG Med/surg text).
Friend: Uh no, Prisca. The chapters are in our NEW community book.
Me: What new community book?

My friend led me over to where I had to purchase my own copy of this stupid book for 56 bucks. Felt like a moron and now have 5 chaps to read this weekend on community based nursing. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. See why I think it is scary they are "releasing me" into the nursing world in December? I am so not with it, guys.

On top of that book, we were handed 5 other ATI books and a CD bundle yesterday. Just more "light reading" for us to cram in somehow. We have 4 ATI exams on top of everything else and we have to do well or, well, you know the drill. It's the "bye-bye" threat again. My school doesn't like its 95% NCLEX pass rate so they are torturing us to get it up to 100%. Ha. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

During break yesterday a classmate managed to fall down the auditorium steps, screaming all the way and spraining her ankle. I went to the nursing office to get the instructor and when she and I came back into the room I yelled, "Hey, I brought the NURSE!" Everyone laughed at that one. Instructor said, "You guys are ALL nurses." Well, I beg to differ on that. We are all scared-silly student nurses who are constantly under duress. NOT the same thing.

Managed to take a bunch of silly pictures in the lab yesterday w/ the dummies. My brain truly has turned to mush.

My instructors this semester are all kinda nutty but fun. I think I will be able to stay AOx4 in their classes. Ok, gotta get some work done. It is 6AM after all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking a community nursing class this semester too. We have to read this other book too, "9226 Kercheval: The storefront that didn't burn." Fascinating ;)

Sorry you read those extra Brunner chapters. We use that book too!