2.19.2007

yuck, yuck, blah

last week: oldest kiddo had strep, i had mystery illness. now i have huge clinical make up assignment. finally feeling better today. exam tomorrow and clinicals...

tonight: dh barfing. youngest kiddo has fever and my sickness. trying to study IV therapy. distracted by mass illness in home. OH NO!! panic ensuing. what if i start puking? must go to clinical. please God don't let me get stomach sickness dh has. must keep up the pace. missing clinical this week=failure of Peds.

help. help. help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is horrible!

Did you make it to clinical?!?

Good luck!

Nursapalooza said...

You poor baby! Been there, missed clinicals on both my 2 quarters. My CI wasn't so great, she told me to come in anyway, I told her I couldn't, for one I couldn't walk, and for another I had a painful bladder infection, fever, achiness etc. What a *%&). Anyway, I love that you are able to make up sick days. At my school, you get written up, and they can throw your butt out if it happens twice in one quarter! I hope you are feeling stronger, and your fam better, you poor baby! Heather

hope2brn said...

Wow, Prisca, I am in the same boat must be this time of year witht these strange sickness'
Is it ok if I put a link to your blog on my blog?
Amy

hoosier nurse said...

I know you made it in. Our program will flunk you if you miss more than two clinical days, but they don't want you coming in sick, so we all just don't say anything and do it anyway. What else are you going to do?

Prisca: said...

Hey guys-Yes, I made it to clinical and all is well...

Amy, yes you can put a link! :)