2.15.2007

Sicky-Poo

Well, I didn't make it to clinical today--I can't believe it! I went yesterday feeling kinda bad but ok and just thought I was tired. Progressively got achier and started coughing lots. Got home and felt like I had been run over by a truck. Called my CI at 7AM to see what she thought I should do and she was actually very, very nice. Couldn't get myself medicated enough to push through--my back aches too much and I have chills w/ a fever.

My patient for the day was in isolation, so my CI left it up to me whether or not to try the day. Because I would be wearing a mask and gown, etc, I wouldn't be much of a threat to him was the reasoning. Still, why risk it for him or me? Plus he has rotavirus, RSV and pneumonia. I don't really need to catch any of that stuff.

Coughed up a whole bunch of stuff and gave in to sleeping all day. Need to go to the doc so I will try to get in tomorrow--had to sleep today and just couldn't drag my butt out. Now I will have a "clinical make-up" where I basically have to write a paper. Kinda sucks but these things happen.

My clinical instructor, though VERY TOUGH, is really a very reasonable, kind person. Thank God I have her this semester. Oh, got another 100% on my paperwork last week. Hard work is paying off. Off to get my kids from school then back to bed...

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I hope you feel better soon. Probably a good idea that you stayed home today!! Take care of yourself!!

hoosier nurse said...

Hugs to you. Get better!!

Marisapan said...

being sick sucks donkey balls. feel better soon!