Going to the dentist this morning and am scared. I've never had a cavity or any dental work and now I have two that have to be filled. Also, I haven't had a cleaning in a few YEARS (fear!) so now I have to drag myself in for some fillings/scrapings. Ugh.
Hubby just said, "You are just a little scaredy cat this week, aren't you?" How true. Last year I was overwhelmed by the amount of work I had to do and the complexity of theory, but I had SOME confidence in clinical r/t my past experiences in OB as a doula and my experience in Psyche from the days I was working on my BA in the subject.
Now, I just feel very unsure and incompetent. I appreciate the good advice given here on comments about taking things in blocks. My 1st bock is 5 weeks long...going to try to concentrate on doing well during it and not think too much about later.
My Peds clinical instructor, K., looks tough. She has a dry sense of humor and seems like she is going to expect a lot and be on us the whole time. I have had some pretty laid back instructors so this should be interesting. Honestly, I just don't want to screw up and/or get yelled at--but I'll take it like a good little nursing student. Yeah. WE have to kind of suck it up and move on, huh? My med/surg instructor seems very nice and somewhat intense, as well.
There are so many people that fight/argue with the instructors and then wonder why they fail/almost fail. Duh.
Have some interesting cohorts in my med/surg clinical. One girl broke BOTH her arms this last week snowboarding for the 1st time. So she has two hard casts on--one of which goes all the way up her arm. She is MISERABLE, but determined to get through the semester--they rearranged her schedule so she doesnt have med/surg clinical until the end of the semester and she is taking summer Peds. I guess some people are going to type notes out for her and we as a class are going to help get through. (No one left behind, huh?) Poor thing!
The rest of the group is very nice and pretty with it--should be interesting. Not as much paperwork (Like 6 hours worth as opposed to 8) as Peds but we have loads of responsibility and will be able to do everything except hang blood and do IV pushes. We also have an OR/ER observation day.
Ok, off to the BIG D. Say a little prayer for my mouth. :)
1.19.2007
"D" Day
Posted by Prisca: at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hope your visit to the dentist went ok. I've had enough work done for everyone!
Hang in there with clinicals! It will all work out!
Post a Comment