11.21.2006

Run-in

Had a run in w/ my MH instructor. I had a question about a test question, went to her office, was polite and nice...

And she went off about the class trying to get her fired, I dont "trust her," the class thinks she is trying to trick them, etc, etc. She hammered me. I started crying--I wasn't expecting her to go off on me. Told her she was being very defensive (after all, I hadn't said ANYTHING) and I was just checking up on my grade--that's what we students do. She told me I was too sensitive. Told me conflict was a part of life. What conflict? I just wanted her to check my test? She threw papers at me. I told her I was leaving, she told me, "NO! Stay here!" I started to think maybe she was going to go postal on me...

Absolutely the craziest encounter with a teacher I have ever had. She is the one who told another student and I that we had a "shared delusion" about this test--this other student and I agree that we had a different exam--us and 4 other people in the class had different questions than everyone else!! Yeah, so I wanted to double check. Geez. Maybe I am delusional...

This is the FIRST and LAST test question I will ever dispute. She is a crazy, crazy woman...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

only you, dear friend. these things could only happen to you!

unless i were in nursing school. then we'd see.

miss you and hope to chat over the holiday- c'est possible?

Nursapalooza said...

dang! you should get a group to go to the dean. That is in no way acceptable! That is abuse! You sooo didn't deserve that crap!

Wendy, R.N. said...

I have found that most Mental Health nurse instructors, as well as nurses on the floor, tend to be a little "touched." I think it is a "Takes one to know one" type of thing.
W. :)

kate loving shenk said...

enjoy your blog!

here's a link to my weekly newsletter for nurses:
http://www.nursingcareertransformation.com/
simplenewslettersignup.html

enjoy and happy thanksgiving!

kate loving shenk