If nursing schools really want to narrow down apllicants they should try drug testing.
Really.
Now ask me how many nursing students I know who smoke weed on a regular basis. Yeah. And they admit to it, too.
Weed out weed? Hm.
Ya know, there are just some things I do NOT want to know about my cohorts. Please don't tell me your weekend plans for getting stoned, k? Thanks.
10.23.2006
"Weed" Out Idea
Posted by Prisca: at 5:38 PM
Labels: Classmates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I agree, after three years of working my tush off to A's in all my pre reqs, I am sitting in the counseling office so the counselor can 'make sure & check off' that I have all my i's dotted and t's crossed. I'm wondering why this is necessary. Just then the girl at the counter standing next to me (gets crowded when 500 people apply for 25 spots) somehow 'missed' that she needed to take Microbiology. Me thinking to self "Uh, it's on the application". So now I just eavesdrop while my clerk searches on it my Honors English Writing class will be a problem an the application, because I cannot tolerate bonehead English. Turns out our 'oops Micro' girl took the first semester of A&P THREE times to get a B. Come on now, this lottery system sucks. I know if her number gets picked out of the computer instead of mine, she will last half of a semester, tops. Grrrrr, needed to rant about this, here, because can you guess what she was talking about on her cell phone as we both left the office...
That stinks, Sasha...
Yeah, the system doesn't work. Who knows when "they" will clue in and fix it. Meanwhile, I hope you get in! GL!!
Lottery sytem? That's a load of horseshit! We got so many points for prereqs and so many points for our entrance exam. The highest points get in. Period. I don't know about the weed. I guess I'm naive and think everyone is Beaver Cleaver. Surely they drug test before they employ you in a hospital where you have access to lots of stuff. Regardless, it looks like we're going to lose probably four out of thirty this semester because they're too stupid (lazy) to study for their tests. If they got in, they did well on prereqs, so I have to assume that they are slacking off now. How idiotic is that?
Wow, sounds like my class--we have 5 in MH that are going to fail. Who knows about the other classes. We may lose ten students from our class just from failing. We had one person fail clinical too.
Stupid!
Our college does mandatory pre admittance drug testing as well as random drug testing throughout the semester to help weed out those kinds of people which I think is a good thing. I think all colleges should do it. Who knows how many people are going into nursing just for the drugs they think they will be able to steal. I say that because I read a Post Secret post that said "I only went to nursing school so I could steal narcotics."
Scary huh?
Post a Comment