
Ya gotta love these old books--I want to start collecting them I think!
Well, OB clinicals are almost over, and I sort of dread moving on. I have loved these clinicals and kind of wonder how I will fair in med surg and pediatrics next year?? I know I don't want to be a med/surg nurse...so it is hard to get excited about the clinicals. And they will be MAJOR and require lots of time. Peds will be interesting I think--although horror stories abound about that class. Next semester is supposed to be the hardest--we will see.
I was filling out my clinical eval and can't believe the amount of stuff I have learned in 5 weeks. It is NUTS! I am in L&D for Mon and Wens so hopefully will see a normal vag birth. I also want to get fetal heart tones figured out and know what I am looking at on the strips. Maybe I'll hang some pitocin, too? This week is going to be fun, I bet...hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that. ;)
I got a lot of studying done the last couple days. We are starting diabetes in med/surg class and it looks pretty daunting. Lots of reading, but i feel like I am a little ahead right now. I made the mistake of looking at my calendar for the end of the semester and let's just say the last two weeks of class and clinical look HORRIBLE!! Ugh. One day at a time, right?
I finished my first concept map for clinical--anyone else doing this is school? Guess it is the new thing and will replace care plans at my school some day.
BLECH--they are even more involved than care plans and a pain in the butt. I see the value but man, the work is NUTS.
Have a great week all and thanks for stopping in...
9.24.2006
Last week in OB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is also a good book. Not as old, but still good:
Code Blue: A Nurse's True Life Story by Barbara Huttmann
I found it for $1 on amazon.com!
thanks kim--i think the really old ones are super-funny and would be cute to collect! but i also like echo heron's books and am always looking for a good medical read. robin cook has some good medical suspense fiction...
Post a Comment