All ready for my second semester...and it has been a while since my last post. I spent the last 6 months waiting to be back in school after moving BACK to the state where my school is located. Yeah, I have been nervous for 6 months...
Last week I picked up my super-thick syllabi at the bookstore for 8 bucks a piece. Started reading and working on (the dreaded)drug cards this week. Strangely enough, I will have three days to myself because my kiddos go back to school on Thursday. Using that time to get going on my reading for next week is a good idea...
Next week's schedule is off a bit:
Mon--nada
Tues--lecture from 9:30-3:30 on Adult nursing and Psyche
Weds--lecture from 10-12 on OBGYN
Thurs--OB clinical orientation/lecture 8:30-4:30
Fri--Psyche clincal orientation/lecture 8:30-4:30
Then for the 1st 5 weeks of school my week looks like this:
Mon: OB clinical 6:30-2:30
Tues: Class as described above
Wens: Class from 10-12, OB clinical from 1:30-9:30
Thurs: Lab/study
Fri: Lab/study
Things change a bit the last 5 weeks because I drop my OB clincal and add my Psyche clincal on Fridays and Saturdays from 0630-1430. So, now you know. We are starting off with a bang--besides reading and quizzes, we have an oral presentation and a paper due in various classes the second week of school. Also have to memorize all my OB drugs for my 1st clincal day. I have my uniform, my shoes, a new watch, and my 5 foot stack of books ready to go. My stethescope has a pretty new cover--but I was cheap and bought the $14 scope my 1st semester and it has served me well. When I graduate, my hubby said he'll get me a Littmann (above)...but in a cuter color! ;) Maybe navy...
8.15.2006
Syllabi
Posted by Prisca: at 10:36 AM
Labels: Organizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
i'm a nursing student from the philippines. :) you visited my blog. :)
it's interesting to know that your curriculum there in the US is quite similar to our curriculum here.
good luck to your studies!
Post a Comment