
So I've come to the conclusion that my new job is truly good in many ways--from the docs who clean up the patients after delivery (a chore I used to rush around and do) to the 5 minute epidurals (compared to the SRNA's who used to poke around for 45 minutes trying to find the space)--I am a happy camper. I'm working days right now and am soon to go back to NOC. Kind of a bummer as I feel very normal right now, but not much I can do about it. I was hired for nights, there are no day spots, and I am thankful to just have a job.
The best thing of all is that I am really, really enjoying my patients. They are educated, care for themselves and want to have good birthing experience.
BUT--I do miss my other job. My team, my crazy nights, the adrenaline--all things I had a certain affection for. Plus, it was all so familiar. I was getting kinda comfy there.
I'm in a beautiful place, the nurses around me have loads of experience w/ normal births, the docs are, well, um, seasoned and I am calm and cool as a cucumber at work. It's all really, really surreal.
I still am struggling w/ disliking many things about nursing, but I LOVE my patients. And I love l&d.
9.15.2009
LOVES IT!
Posted by Prisca: at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's good, fo rme, to hear your ambivalence. It shows me that we're all somewhat vulnerable.
We don't do our OB/peds rotation until the end of the semester, and I can't wait!
sounds like me..i love my patients but i hate the Bureaucracy of the nursing aspect though...hope things get better
I am so happy for you!
love to hear you "back in the saddle" as it were. :)
Ass Dr's...you'll find them in ALL depts, right? And totally stealing your comments! Uf! I am glad you're in a less stressful, less druggy area, you'll get used to it.
how's the rest of your life going? Hubby's school, kids, etc??
Post a Comment