8.09.2009

Moving and such


Pic by Cupcake

Hello reader friends-

So, we've moved all our stuff across the country and are now (kinda, sorta) settled in our tiny apartment. Things are well on that front--strange, but good. We are free-falling now and don't really know what comes next, although we have some of the logistics laid out. I start work soon, and my husband starts school. Then there's homeschooling. But we don't really know what all that looks like.

I miss nursing but have had a lovely month off and am so enjoying the absence of NOC. My nursing friends keep me updated and inundated with (mostly horror) stories, and I just shake my head and wonder how I made it through the last couple of years. Like anything else difficult, I can see that God pulled me through and was constant in it all, even when I wondered IF He was present at all.

Life is full of brown boxes, cleaning supplies, and multiple trips to IKEA for storage ideas. I'm also having loads of fun cooking different things now that I have some "creative" places to shop for food. I am a little stressed by all the new faces I'm encountering because I wonder how I will fit into this picture, but there isn't much I can do about it besides be my crazy ol' self. The same goes for my new job--what will it be like? Will I be ok? I don't know. Crap. I HATE not knowing. Bla.

In other news, I'm starting to write for another online publication. More on that later w/ links and stuff. Must say I love the income aspect and the chance to branch out a bit. Not the best writer, here, but I have fun jotting down stupid stuff.

I've put school on hold this semester and am wondering when I'll have the time for studying? Then there's the whole midwifery and women health track question??? Yup, putting that all in the back of my mind and trying to simplify.

Loads of mundane things. In the end, I'm good. Drop me a comment and tell me what's new with you! -P.

Amazing pic borrowed from here!

1 comments:

Nursapalooza said...

Happy to hear you are settling in. You will make friends quickly you're such a "real" person if you know what I mean. I'm so happy you are relaxing before jumping into your new job. Have a lovely week!