1.17.2008

Rumblings from the troops

Just heard from the 1st person I personally know who took the NCLEX. She is very bright, did well in school and says the questions are MUCH harder than ATI, Saunders, & Kaplan (sounds like she got to the really upper level questions which is a good sign). She left feeling that she knows she got "4," yes you heard me right, FOUR correct! The computer cut off at 75 for her. Now, I am positive she passed, but of course she is hysterical. Am I more paniced? Nope. I know NCLEX is going to be hard, it is going to suck, and I am going to think I failed. So, my job is to keep my cool, pray, and study what I can before then.

Meanwhile I am so, so, so excited about starting work (oh my, I typed SCHOOL first) on Monday. I will be seeing some old classmates and then getting to the floor on Wens. FUN! I dont even care that orientation is a bit boring. The best part in all of this is that I went to school to be in OB, and here I am--about to do what I set out to do!

Snow day today so the kiddos are wandering around. Will have to distract them while I get some stuff done. Then have to scrub down the house as we have company coming tomorrow night. Going to hit the books HARD this weekend.

What's up with you guys out there? How are all you nursing students adapting to school this semester? Leave me a comment. Take care!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new job! I just started my 4th semester (out of 5). It's all about the mommas and the babies. I think it will be fun. I just learned this week about the fundus!

Anonymous said...

That's great you're not letting others make you nervous. I just had a mini breakdown in my teacher's office this afternoon! She probably thinks I'm crazy...

But we learned today that tests are supposed to be harder than practice tests. It's just the way it goes. So no worries! You sound like you're on top of things :)

Prisca: said...

Hi Kim--Oh no! I'm sorry you had a bad day! I know I had days where I cried in a couple of my instructors offices. Totally normal but it stinks when that happens! (((HUGS))) to you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :) It wasn't too bad, just me showing some anxiety about the nclex. She said my 100 question a day plan is too much and that I'm crazy! Sigh...

p.s. i hope you didn't think i was being smart about the nclex being harder than practice tests. they just told us today about it and how not to freak out when taking it...that's all i meant! :)

Prisca: said...

When do you take the NCLEX, Kim? I actually am doing about 100 questions a day. It isnt too bad-and no, I didnt think you were being cheeky! ;) I gotcha!

Nursapalooza said...

i won't be back until Feb.11! Can you believe it?? My CC is doing an intersession now, so we have a gigantic break. So I'm having fun playing, buttttt..........what the heck is an I.V.??? Okay, I haven't forgotten EVERYTHING, but I am ready to jump back in! I have been reading the NCLEX comments on allnurses.com, and if you get about 78 questions, it appears to be a VERY good sign. So I hope you're friend passed! And you too of course....when you take it. Are you doing Kaplans?

Laura said...

Hi there. I'm a new reader. It's nice to read about someone else's experiences. I have just started my last semester of nursing school. It's not so bad yet. But the thoughts of NCLEX, jobs, clinicals, etc... at this moment can be a bit overwhelming. Thanks for sharing.

Prisca: said...

HI Laura-thanks for reading and best wishes this semester! :)

Anonymous said...

Started reading your site a few weeks ago... a lot of good entries. Started my first semester this week, I am exhausted and OVERWHELMED! Good luck on the NCLEX, considering the dedication and amount of time you spend studying, I know you'll pass!

nursingschoolnut.blogspot.com