(right: Highway K?)
Had a dream last night I was driving and witnessed a pretty huge car wreck involving a jeep and a pick up truck. Pulled over and tried to call 911 but didnt know where I was--just that I was on Highway K (never heard of this road, BTW). Finally communicated my location to the operator, hung up, and was suddenly really scared. I looked over at the smashed up cars and saw one person had been thrown from a vehicle and was stuck in a tree, bleeding profusely...I didn't know what to do. Woke up pretty quickly and now have that picture in my head. All day long I have been thinking about what my 1st action would be if that happened. Pretty screwy, eh??
Aside from THAT, I have been having such a nice break. Spent the LAST of the Christmas giftcard on a movie ( The Waterhorse-very cute) with the kids. And I am actually cooking dinner again tonight which is amazing--yes, cooking is a lost art @ my house.
Stopped by the bookstore and picked up the Betty Crocker Classic Cookbook on clearance. It is sooooooooo fun, but man does it have a lot of cake recipes. Not exactly healthy...
Guess we are going to the YMCA tonight to work out, then I need to get in some NCLEX studying. Oh, and watch Project Runway. So yes, things are calm and pretty boring right now--which is so lovely. Trying not to think too much about working and enjoy my time off before I begin THE CAREER. It's weird to feel like a SAHM mom again, if only for a bit.
1.02.2008
Highway K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
good for you, it sounds lovely. I have the original cookbook like yours that i picked up at an antique book store, and I LOVE IT. My newest cookbook is homecooking from america's test kitchen. it's been pretty good too. Sorry about that dream, how horrible! First thing, I'd do check on them, ABC's, cover and try to keep warm to prevent shock. ooh how icky.
Post a Comment