11.02.2007

zzzzzzzzzzzz


What a pretty grad pic!

I got in a nice 3 hr nap today after going to a community service project this morning for school and doing my nurse-thing with a bunch of high-schoolers. Still tired-thats what a week of waking at 4AM will do to you I suppose.

I took 3 (instead of 5) patients on my last clinical day and while I still need lots of improvement in my organization, I handled things pretty well. I had a post surgical gastric bypass, a perianal abscess and a patient w/ breat CA that just had her radiation wires/tubes placed and went to her first treatments. I did loads of IV pushes and some cool dressing changes. All. by. myself. How crazy is that?????????? And I am still scared out of my mind each time I push meds into an IV. I should be! Hung some cool piggybacks too.

Ultimately, I got a lot more comfortable this semester in clinical--especially with equipment and nursing skills. Clinical was very challenging but man, I am happy I went through it as I feel a tad bit more prepared for L&D.

My new job is looming closer...and I have 5 more weeks of classes. Just ATI testing, two exams in Med/surg III, and then finals! Wow. Can't believe how much I've accomplished. My life is kind of shifting--the holidays are coming up and with those comes graduation and lots of family stuff. So I need to get my house in order--starting with cleaning out some closets, organizing, and steaming the carpets. I also need to start my Christmas shopping...

The studying doesnt stop, and I have a ton to do for graduation--a slideshow, powerpoint, favors and memorizing what I am saying at the podium (yup, I have to speak-ugh!).

Ok, so I am still busy. But I have some time to sleep and get some exercise--oh, and cook! YUM!

Thanks for continuing to read this and stick with me. I am almost there and I appreciate you guy's comments and encouragement.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Can't believe we're almost there!! So glad you already have your "dream job" lined up and ready to go. Don't you just despise ATI testing? I'm just ready to be finished with all this! Hang in there!! :)

Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

You kicked ass!!!

I'm so excited for you, reading all of this. Enjoy the rest of the ride!