Ok guys, please don't spam my comments asking people to check out your nursing site. I've even had some post an entire nursing article in my comments from some weird site. That is just rude...this blog is not here for you to advertise on. Now, if you have a nursing blog of some sort, I will gladly post your link. Just leave me a comment and I will check it out.
I have been studying lots and am making some progress. Trying to stay offline for now. No time. My neck is still out of whack. Got put on somedrugs for it by my Doc and am still seeing the chiropractor. Have a ton to do...so off I go. Am memorizing pathos. Here is an example (by memory):
ARF
Acutre renal failure
A sudden and almost complete loss of kidney function over a period of hours to days.
Decreased renal perfusion leads to decreased blood flow and glomerular filtration. This leads to ischemia and oliguria.
Damaged nephrons are unable to filter H2O and electrolytes so the kidneys are unabel to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance.
There are three categories (causes) of ARF:
prerenal-low blood volume results in hypoperfusion such as in heart failure
intrarenal-parenchymal damage occurs from things like burns and crush injuries
postrenal-obstruction distal to the kidneys occurs like in UTI or tumors
Labs
Increased BUN and Creatinine
Increased K, MG and Uric acid
Decreased Ca, CO2 and Na
Clinical manifestations
oliguria
anuria
wt gain
lethargy
N/V
diarrhea
dehydration
uremic breath
muscle twitching
siezures
headache
drowsiness
Treatment
oops. forgot the rest. see? i need help!
Later: Ok, here they are (from memory)
Treatment:
supportive care
manage f/e balance
ID underlying condition and treat
meds: Mannitol and Lasix
Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis may be needed
Diet high in kcal but low in K, Na, and Protein
Nursing care
Monitor fluid status
daily wts
I/O
Vitals
bed rest
TCDB
provide support and good skin care
prevent infection
nursing dx: Fluid volume excess r/t decreased urinary output
One down, 10 to go....Tomorrow ARDS and hopefully Diabetes type II.
9.03.2007
No spam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment