8.11.2007

may i recommend...

(Warning: this has NADA to do with nursing school as befits the whole "I am on a break" theme of things around here lately.)

Becoming Jane:





I haven't even seen this movie (I go in a couple hours to FINALLY catch it at the theatre) and I can already say it will be DIVINE. I love, love, love Anne Hathaway (think Audrey Hepburn and Julia Ormond) and, of course, Jane Austen is the end-all be-all in my mind. So, I have super-hyped this movie & hope it doesn't turn out like the "new" P&P with silly what's-her-name from Pirates of the Carribean. Couldn't stomach that again. Will be back later to tell you what I think...

Meanwhile, I feel like I am still on vacation. Need to snap out of it.

Later: I cried-A LOT! It was really, really good. Wow!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I think that may be on my list of things to do on my 3 days off before school starts and orientation for my new job starts!! Thanks for the recommendation!!

julie anna said...

I want to see that movie so badly! But since it is only in 'select theaters' I've had no luck finding it here. Oh well, I'll have a party night when I rent it with my mom and sister, with some good food, and NO interuptions. Did you really not like the newest version of P&P? It was good, just...different. You should watch the 2003 version with Kam Heskin. I loved it. I am a big BBC fan but the P&P story is great anytime.

Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading yours. Good luck with everything :)