8.10.2007

beauty



We had a lovely family vacation and wow, was it nice to sleep in my own bed last night! Got back late yesterday and am tying up some return phone calls, laundry, and nap-taking. It has been so hot I can't wait to see some beautiful crispy leaves, put on a sweater and smell that smokey-fall smell.

School starts in a little over a week and I am getting prepared mentally but have lots to do in the physical--for myself and my kids.

4 months until I am done with this phase of my schooling--if all works out the way I would like. It has gone so quickly. Glad I have made some friends and know we will keep in contact long after we graduate. Nursing school binds people together--and I think I made this analogy before--like a war or some other kind of traumatic experience. Fellow students are the only ones who truly "understand"--except for the nurses who have gone, and burned out, before us!

It has been so refreshing to concentrate on something other than school, but my mind won't "truly" rest until December.

<-----Oh, and here are some lovely pictures of my trip to refresh you! ;)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful pics! Looks like you had a lovely vacation! Only four moths to go and we are finished with school!! Hope your last semester is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely pics! Glad you had a blast in your vacationn :)

hoosier nurse said...

Can you believe we'll be real nurses. And you missy, are a glutton for punishment. Studying on vacations??? I barely put on deodorant! Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!