
Finished up my online nutrition class except for the final--on which I need a 70% to keep my A. If only actual nursing classes were so black and white.
Meanwhile, I am memorizing competencies--ok, I have memorized one: Type 1 DM (diabetes mellitus). And this week I head to the skills lab to memorize my head to toe w/ my partner. We are going to write down the whole thing based on each other's body so we get the terminology correct. Fun.
Basically, if you miss one thing on the head to toe, you fail. In competencies, you draw a patho from the hat, tell the instructors all you knojw about it, then write a care pla. Then you draw a skill from the hat and do taht in front of the instructors. If you get the whole thing correct, you pass! Otherwise, you fail and have 1 more chance to do the whole sequence successfully.
Found out I am doing school nursing for community health (it was that, dialysis or home health). I wanted home health, but school nursing should be pretty cut and dry, right? I'm at an elementary school. AND there isnt a specific orientation for it, so I lucked out!
I go on vacation next week-YIPPEE!
7.21.2007
almost done w/ summer school!
Posted by Prisca: at 9:36 AM
Labels: Grade rambling, Nursing Skills
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment