2.08.2007

Midterm Clinical

Had my midterm clinical yesterday and am really happy with the paperwork I got back for last week--got a 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is virtually unheard of on second week of clinical so I feel special-haha. And I can't tell anyone so I will just blog about it. The thing that brought me to (almost) tears was that my instructor wrote "You are a natural" on my paperwork! Kinda funny that I work so hard to be a natural, but if she thinks I can do this nursing thing, and I SO respect her opinion, then that helps me get through one more day, ya know?

I ended loaning out pieces of paperwork (my patho which I guess was pretty good stuff)AS AN EXAMPLE to a classmate who is struggling in my group and who is on clinical probabtion for not meeting the 80% midterm grade. She really needs to get through nursing school so she can get out of a really bad home situation. I know that isn't always the best reason to become a nurse, but there it is anyway. Reality.

Seems like lots of my classmattes have plan to a.) get divorced, b.) go on a second honeymoon, or c.) have a baby after graduation. I just can't seem to see past actually finishing this.

Anyway, I had an awesome day yesterday and loved keeping busy. Performed trach care, GT care, and suctioned my kiddo like 8 times. Also ran her pedialyte feeding and played with her TPN pump. She is a sick little thing, with DiGeorge Syndrome, tetralogy of Fallot and no mommy or daddy around to take care of her. They come hang out in the lobby when she has surgery because legally they have to be there, but otherwise, they NEVER visit or call. She is only 4 mos old and sooooooooooo stinking cute I could eat her up. But no mommy to hold her. It sucks.

I thought I would cry a lot in Peds and honestly I am just more pissed off at stupid parents than anything. Of course there are parents who NEVER leave their kiddos or work out ways to be there as much as possible--but there are some other parents I would love to just SMACK in the head for being REALLY horrid. Nice, huh?

Got to school with my son this morning and I needed to go in and speak to his teacher about something. Before I got out of the car, my kid said, "Mom, you can just tell my teacher you are having a bad hair day..."

Off to clinical...

1 comments:

Wendy, R.N. said...

Probably TMI but I would be category A.

Congratulations on another fantastic job well done! And good on you for helping out a fellow student. Trust me, Prisca... In the end we will all be like war buddies.

W. :)