1.16.2007

Spanky new semester--

Tomorrow begins a brand new semester and I am a little nervous and a lot excited. I've made some goals for myself (like I always do). Just ways I can improve upon my life while in school in terms of studying, things I want to learn, and ways to keep my family content while I am crazy-busy. So, here they are:

Family/personal:
Cook more than last semester--we ate out and prepared stuff more than I would have liked last semester. I think there are days when this is necessary, but I now I could have done a little better in this area. So, I'll try again to use my crockpot and plan meals. We will still probably eat fast food (usually Wendys, Subway or Backyard Burger because you can fins somewhat healthy stuff there) about 2x a week. It is just unavoidable.

Get some exercise--I feel so good when I am able to work out a couple times a week. I am trying to plan some time to do this. I am thinking Friday and Saturday mornings and when it gets lighter outside in the evening, the family and I will resume our park walks.

Get to church--Ok, this I really let slide last semester, and spiritually, I am feeling it. I don't have clinicals Fri, Sat or Sun so I need to be able to just go to church. I have a plan for getting my studying in so I feel I can do this. Discipline is the key.

Get closer to DH--Yep, this has been neglected too. We are going to make time for each other each week (Friday nights)--even if it is just one night a week to plunk down, eat some dinner together, and watch a movie!

Studying:

Note review--I am going to review my notes the same day I take them, the exception being Peds the 1st 5 weeks. I have class from 1230-1530 and then pick up the kids, make dinner and feed them, and when DH gets home I am off to the hospital where I pick up my patient assignment and work like mad to get all my paperwork done for clinical the next day. I won't be able to look at my Peds notes until Friday. I guess the point is to look at my notes the week I take them so they stay fresh. This will be a big improvement over last semester where I felt like I was cramming a lot of info into my head at test time.

0 comments: