Spent the last few days dealing with our bank fraud and found out that our mail was stolen--the same thing that happened to us happened to a neighbor a couple weeks ago--so we don't know how much mail these people got from our neighborood. Filed police reports, bank reports, canceled everything we have, got all new accounts, have been switching over automatic withdrawals and deposits, putting alerts on our credit reports as DH's SS# was on his student loan payment (the bill) and it was stolen. REALLY a big mess. Our accounts have been frozen and we have had no access to ANY of our money!!! My in-laws have helped us by giving us some cash--AGAIN (gosh, I bet they wish we would move to Siberia).
We will not be mailing anything from our home again and might open a PO Box. A neighbor told us this same thing happened a year and a half ago!! We are in a nice middle-class suburban area, so maybe we are good targets because we think this kind of stuff doesn't happen "here." So guys, protect your mail, your accounts, your important documents.
OK! Back to nursing school...
Have to run up to the school and buy my pediatric course packet (it just came in--gonna charge it since no bank account) and I MUST begin my reading. Got my math figured out and just want to keep it fresh in my mind. School starts up a week from today...Oh boy. Clinicals start the 24th!!!!! Funny how I haven't talked much to my classmates. Just a couple phone calls here and there to ask about different school stuff. Everyone seems pretty calm right now but we are all anticipating stress.
I have started to accumulate pictures as "class historian" and boy, do I look fat in them! Still on WW and the pounds are slowly coming off--had a run in with chocolate last night so need to get it back together today. Gotta get into those scrubs!!!!
No one seems to be blogging much right now?? Hope you are having a nice holiday...
Later: Looks like there may be a news story in the works about my mail and bank situation--just got an email from a producer at Fox5. Hm.
1.10.2007
Crack the books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We did the po box thing and it's working ok. I only have credit card bills and bank stuff sent to it. My problem is that I'm too lazy to go empty it out. I pay all of this stuff online anyway, but I'm still lazy.
Sorry about all this "crap" you are having to deal with. At least you are on break!!
I'm looking forward to this semester. We are doing peds and OB this semester. Start Tuesday the 16th.
Good luck with WW. Hang in there with the chocolate run in's and be gentle with yourself. I've completely given up sodas.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who seems to be strangely absent from blogging. I've been so busy working that I hardly have time to sleep, much less blog!
Have a great rest of your break! :)
Post a Comment