I went to a herpes support group yesterday as part of a community visit I had to make and write a paper on. It was facinating, actually--and the people were very kind to have me there. I'm really glad that I chose something different to do because everyone I know ended up going to AA and I wanted to see something new--and herpes diagnosis is relevant to all my classes right now so it was valuable learning.
How cool is it to put faces to diseases?? Instead of just pathology to actually see that people really do cope with all kinds of things--and cope pretty well especially with support. Wow, mankind is resilent.
And I loved analyzing everyone for my paper-which I finished this morning 'cuz I rock. ;) I would totally encourage you to observe something different if you have to do a support group observation. You will LOVE it!
One more paper to go this semester and my presentation. Wow, I am almost done...oh, wait. Clinicals. Yeah, have to get through those...
I am having some dizzy spells which I am going to see the Doc about on Monday. The whole thing is kind of wierd and hard to explain. Hopefully I am not just a paranoid nursing student! I have already self-diagnosed with diabetes, hypoglycemia, and a possible brain bleed or tumor. Ugh. How stupid is that?
11.03.2006
Herpes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you ever have any addition questions about herpes feel free to ask me. I run a herpes support group here in Nebraska called Omaha HELP. I also have several online herpes resources you are more than welcome to check out. If you like putting a face on this stuff there are plenty of stories and pictures to go around...
Herpes Help
STD Discussion
My Herpes Blog
Have a great weekend,
Angela :-)
Thanks-I will keep that in mind!
Post a Comment