11.01.2006

Another day, another...

90% on mental health again. Apparently I am quite good at getting 90%. Hm.

We had one person drop out this week and check themselves into a mental hospital. Sad. I might have to do the same after I start clinical next week. I don't understand why the instructors schedule things so we have three exams every week--they could stagger them, they just don't.

Just like they refuse to pass people on clinical paperwork until the last clinical week. It doesn't matter if you have PERFECT textbook paperwork--you will not get the required 100% until week 5 of clinical.

Case in point: Needing help on paperwork for one instructor, a fellow student asked another instructor in the same clinical area to take time and help her write paperwork up. (Student asked her own instructor what she could do to improve and didn't get an answer--was told to just "tighten things up a bit.")

Student turned new stuff in and got a 71%. Later the helpful instructor asked her, "How'd we do on our paperwork?" When she heard "they" got a 71% she was shocked as she is a.) the coordinator for that class, and b.) did the paperwork according to her own standards set up for the course. In other words, not even the person coming up w/ "the rules" can complete paperwork that will meet requirements. Geez.

So, lots of people waiting to see if they will move on to next semester. Had a couple classmates approach me today and ask for help--they "heard" I am doing ok. From who? Anyway, I gave my little spiel about how I study and sent them off to try and get above a 75% before finals. *sigh* Let's hope that isn't me next semester.

0 comments: