Just put my application in for a PRN nurse tech job at a pediatric hospital in my area. It is really hard to get into this hospital. Who knows--I am finding that good tech jobs are few and far between. AND we can't get our LPN's this semester, which stinks. (Some states allow you to take the NCLEX-PN after 1st semester.)
My thoughts are that I would rather be a tech for kids than adults. I did the whole CNA thing when I was 18 yrs old in a nursing home--and let's just say it WAS NOT enjoyable. I think techs/CNA's are invaluable and work their butts off. I just have no desire to do that for an extended period of time.
There is a hospital hiring lots of techs for med/surg, but the patient loads are NUTSSSSS!!! Like 16 patients to one tech for vitals, baths, etc. What in the world?
Have a couple friends in pediatrics as techs and they love it. Of course they have warned me off of oncology--too sad. I though the burn unit would be rough too, but have a friend who says it's not bad at all. Burns just wig me out. Burns, cancer and the NICU are too much for my emotions. I actually think I would like NICU but feel like there are a lot of moral issues there that I don't know if I can deal with. OH--and PSYCHE! Blech. And I am soooo dreading psyche clinicals. HELP!
Yeah, you guys got the NCLEX answers correct from my last post--you are soooo smart! ;)
10.30.2006
Nurse Tech
Posted by Prisca: at 12:13 PM
Labels: Job hunting (sort of)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment