10.29.2006

Howdy!


Just wanted to send a warm hello to Canada! I miss you, D...Thanks for reading my blog!

Ok, back to studying mental health!

And for those of you that need the practice--a couple NCLEX style questions (put your answer in comments and I will post the correct ones tomorrow):

On reading your patient's chart, you see noted that the patient's mood is decribed as "euthymic." When you enter the patients room later, which statement would be consistent with a "euthymic mood"?
a. "I don't feel like getting up, showering or doing anything today."
b. "Would you please get my toothbrush and other toiletries out for me, Nurse?"
c. "I am a glass house and the lightbulb is dewy, shiney and new."
d. "I hate you--get out of here. Don't ever wake me up again."

You check your patient's labs and note that your clients lithium level is higher than normal but not yet toxic. What behaviors on the part of your patient are most likely accountable for this elevated lithium level?
a. Drinking large amounts of water and fluids
b. Checking meds and then taking several at once
c. Not getting sufficient sleep and rest
d. Starting on a salt free or salt poor diet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, nurse! You know just what to prescribe. We need warm anything here- even if it's just warm hellos! We miss you too. K-face loves the seal.

I am so dumb. I just sent you an e-mail and asked you questions then checked on line and saw all your comments on my blog. Silly me.

Glad you liked the stroller shot!

Love, The Canadian who in no way studies meds (unless you count pediatric over the counter drug dosages), yet still loves your blog.

Anonymous said...

euthymic: b
lithium: d

Wendy, R.N. said...

yup,

B.
D.

Thanks for making me feel like I know something.

W. :)