And I am up calculating drips. Found a tutorial and online quiz here and did well so I think I have it down. Not so hard.
In peds next semester, we will have a dosage test the 2nd week of school--if we don't pass it in 2 tries (w/ 85%) we get booted. *sigh* That means learning it over Christmas break. I don't think the calculations are that hard--just plugging #'s into formulas. But still--Christmas? My school is mean. Hurumph.
So this week I have a fun OB test, a quiz on Tues and an online quiz to be done over the weekend. And next week I have two tests: mental health and adult nursing.
Ahhhh, the dreaded diabetes test is coming next week! Apparently this is the big bad one in adult nursing for this semester. Rumors run rampant about it, and I have been warned that I need to know everything I can about DKA.
My BIL--a very nice guy--asked me tonight when I will be done with all this work--I think he meant to ask when my semester would be over or easier? When I told my family it would be 14 months more, the silence I experienced was one of dread. Everyone is sick of me already. I am going to make a paper chain I think, and pull off a link each month.
Anyway, I guess it's hard for people to understand the amount of work we nursing students are committed to (out of fear). I study all the time...cuz failing out is not an option. And failing is a 74%. Yeah, so C's don't cut it. There is no messing around. So I hope everyone can bear with me. I know I talk about it too much and I am really boring 'cuz all I do is study. I am lame. It is ok.
And I want the nurses caring for me to have passed nursing school. That is important.
In other news: must diet. Anyone else trying to lose weight? I do well, get stressed, and eat chocolate cake. Story of my life...
10.09.2006
It's late...
Posted by Prisca: at 12:04 AM
Labels: Grade rambling, Nursing School (general), Studying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm right there with you. Also, I realized that we nursing students are really boring to those not in the medical field. All we do is blather on about what new thing we got to do to patients, or the really cool (read: disgusting) thing we saw at the hospital.
This kind of talk is sure to draw blank stares or gags from non-medical folks.
W.:)
That online quiz was fun! Must stop procrastinating studying for a&p ;)
You are preaching to the choir! I'm so ready to be finished, but scared at the same time!
I need to lose some weight! Any ideas? Wanna help each other? We can be blogger nursing/diet buddies! LOL!!
I've pretty much got drips down, but haven't been warned about the diabetes test. More to worry about. I'm a huge fat ass. My resolve is great every day, and my 4:00pm, I'm in the cookies again. It's 10:00 in the freaking evening and I just ate a bowl of soup and grilled cheese. I had to buy bigger pants today because none of my others fit without a big pillow hanging off the waistband.
Post a Comment