9 weeks left of this semester!!!
Fellow student to me today about last weeks mental health test:
I can't seem to get above a 70 on these tests and all I do is study.
Me: Oh wow, you have had problems on all the MH tests?
Her: Yeah, I got 70% on the first two and 68% on this last one.
Me: Are you worried? I mean, we need a 75% to pass? Are you studying enough?
Her: Yeah, I study all the time. I'm not that worried about it, though. We still have the process paper. That should help.
Me: But the process paper is only worth 25 points out of 700 total? It won't help that much!
Her: Yeah, but I'm not worried. It will work out.
Me: Uh, ok.
Dontcha think if you have a 70% at almost midterm you should *maybe* figure out what you are doing *wrong* and correct the situation before finals roll around and you have to get like a 110% to pass the class? I even offered my study guides but she declined. That sort of apathy will get you nowhere. I know--I used to do the SAME thing when I was 20 and in a BA program. And I ended up with some pretty horrible grades. I wonder if she'll make it? Some people are starting to sink...let's hope *I* can hold on!
Off to study (again). ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
PS Spoke to same student two weeks later. She got a 50% on her 4th MH nursing test and now needs a 90% or above on each test from here on out to pass. Unfortunately, don't think she will make it. She has company, though. We will probably lose 4-5 students just from that class this semster. *sigh*
10.10.2006
Lame
Posted by Prisca: at 5:29 PM
Labels: Classmates, Mental health, Studying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We have people like that in our class too. The CI's announced last week that on a math quiz they gave us last week to see how prepared we are, there were several people who weren't even close. If you don't pass this test with a 90% (two tries), then you're done..over..out. Not one person stayed over the break to get help. Hello...anybody there?
I guess it's like how you can't tell people how to raise their kids. They have to learn the hard way.
W. :)
I see that all the time in my nursing pre-reqs. In anatomy we have our quizzes towards the end of lecture, so this one girl I know spends the lecture studying for the quiz! Then she asks me for the notes from lecture that she missed while studying. Sheesh!
It never ceases to amaze me that even with as competitive as it is getting into nursing school, people still do not understand the opportunity they have been given, and then they screw around and dont pass.
Its unbelievable isnt it?
yeah, it IS unbelievable. there are people that will never get in due to the long waits, etc--people that would make wonderful, comitted nurses, people that would STUDY! and then there are the dorks who just throw it all away...
:/
Post a Comment