Yup, I am done w/ Grey's Anatomy. It is too soap-operish and I am bored with it...I loved the first season but I hate that there is very little medical stuff happening. I don't even like the characters anymore. Meredith is just an Ally McBeal/Callista Flockheart clone and McDreamy ain't as cute as I thought. I am tired of his crinkley-eyed, overly sympathetic smile. Give me a break. (You need to see this Mad TV spoof--too funny. "Ya'll need to do your rounds. Why'd you even go to medical school?")
This is a good thing for me time-wise as I won't lose an hour to TV-suckdown on Thursday nights anymore. I have Friday/Saturday clincals coming up so I need to get rid of Thurs night TV anyway. With Project Runway over, I don't really have any shows I am watching. Well, except for Barefoot Contessa and Nigella Feasts, but cooking shows don't count.
I need to start knitting again. Have some stuff I want to make. That is a good time expenditure--I have something to show for it even if it looks like crap. Ok, gotta go pay some bills and finsh painting the bathroom.
10.20.2006
Bye, Bye, Grey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I agree 100% on Grey's. My biggest complaint is the whole story of how irresponsible the blond doc (cant remmy the character name) is going to be swept under the rug. In REAL life she never would have been allowed to practice medicine again.
Is that Izzie, the one who cut her fiance's LVAT wire to move him up on the transplant list? One of my freshman comp students just wrote a paper about this.
My husband and I gave up on Grey's after two episodes, when a surgeon sat by the bedside of a comatose patient waiting for her to wake up. Yep, surgeons do that all the time, because they have such relaxed schedules.
Yeah, that was "Izzy." Talk about a ridiculous story line...Sounds like an interesting paper, tho'!
My husband bailed on greys during season one. He just couldn't handle the stupidity--and he isnt even in medicine.
Agree. VERY perturbed that they've gone to this story line that lets Izzy be pardoned for her gross breach of the "first do no harm" vow, and instead, focus the blame on my favorite character, Bailey. Why? Because she's a female, a mom, and thus liable for someone else's bad judgment? It ain't workin' for me.
On another note, I find myself bored by all the complicated sexual relationships and wanting to see more blood and guts.
I think that says something about my personal life these days.
I've never given up on ER, so I just never had time for anything else. Thank God for Tivo!
Post a Comment