9.30.2006

Brain Dump



(I have been adding lots of pictures-kind of fun, huh?)

Just a word to the wise...

Ya know all those pre-req classes you have taken? Things like Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, and Psychology? Those classes you sighed with relief over when they were done and you went on your merry way, hoping to never have to deal with those subjects and all that material ever again?

Well, surprise. In case you didn't know--dumping all material from said classes will come back to bite you in the rear. You WILL spend countless hours relearning stuff you vaguely remember from said classes, and you will kick yourself in said rear all the while.

Brain dumping is bad, bad, bad. Don't do it in pre-reqs, and I beg you not to do it in nursing classes. I have a feeling dumping in nursing school doesn't do much for the NCLEX score.

Ok, now back to learning (again) all the anatomy and physiology of the brain so I can add new knowledge about psychotropic drugs and their actions on said brain to my own overburdened, overtired brain.

Yum, psychotropic drugs sound really good right now...(brain is hungry?)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I so totally relate to the brain dump thing! I was so relieved to be finished with all those pre-reqs only to have it come back and "haunt" me! LOL! Oh well, that's why we're in school, huh?

Love that we have the same grad date! Thanks for finding me! Look forward to having a growing "blogger support system"!

Anonymous said...

That's why I'm nervous about starting nursing school. My A&P teacher is really dumbing things down. We're on the skeletal system now and he said we only have to know 2 bones of the foot and the bones of the hand is optional!! For DNA replication all he said was "it takes place in the nucleus...that's all you need to know." Help!

Wendy, R.N. said...

Oh how I wish I could keep the 12 cranial nerves and their functions in my brain. (no pun intended) I have learned and relearned them, and as soon as I don't need them at the forefront, they're gone again.

I know how you feel.

W. :)

JerricaJem said...

Boy, that's a scary thought. I found you blog...somehow..google, or something? lol Anyways, I'm about to take microbiology as one of the prereqs. I am so freaked out, especially now that I'm reading nursing student experiences. I started from the beginning of you blog and am at this entry...I have no idea about most of the things you've posted about. At least as far as meds and such go. So, yep...I'm freaked :P Down side to being scared is I'm not even accepted into a nursing school, nor am I eligible to apply for another year and a half! All this time to dwell on my fear...