Goal: Make this cake today. Realistic? Uh, I don't know. My cakes usually turn out looking rather awful. Why can't I do that pretty, swirly icing thing? I usually pull the cake up with the icing and then have lumpy crumbs all through the stuff. Wish me luck...
School begins in 4 days and I am thinking about what I want to come out of this semester with knowledge-wise. I'd really like to excel in my OB class since I want to do that at the end of all this...of course, I'm sure getting into OB as a green graduate will be challenging. Anyway, here are some random things I expect to "know" a little more about this December:
*How to assess a newborn baby and a laboring woman
*How to give an injection (nope, didnt get to practice on a live person 1st semester)
*IV insertion (yeah, I want to do this ASAP)
*Calculate drips
*Insert a foley cath and/or a straight cath--probably on a woman which is the most challenging
*Administering O2 to mom/baby and O2 Sats
*Respiratory sounds--need a better idea of what I am hearing
*Therapeutic communication (this is all we do in mental health clinical, I think)
*Observe in OR (for a c-section-I REALLY want to do this)
*Concept mapping-EW! This is new...
*Lots of pathology this semester in Med/surg--all stuff I need to retain for my exit challenge
Hey out there--Can you think of any other stuff that I might get exposed to in Mental Health, esp.?
Off to the school today to pick up another syllabus that just came in, and to find my rooms and check the message board which often has surprise stuff on it pertaining to class. Also need to do some review and reading today...
8.18.2006
Thinking ahead...
Posted by Prisca: at 8:28 AM
Labels: Cooking, Nursing Skills, OB, Organizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment