8.28.2006

OB Clinical One

I had the BEST clincal day today! I was somewhat nervous this morning, got a little lost getting to the site, but then was still very early...

We went up and assessed newborn babies and that was so interesting...then at 11 I was able to see a c-section then assess the baby!!!! The rest of the class stayed behind and did more assessments--they only had room in the OR for one student so I lucked out. Back to assessments after lunch, then asked if I could watch a circ and I got to comfort the baby while watching the whole procedure (sugar on a pacifier does wonders--'course so does lidocaine). I have a great clinical instructor--but man, is there A LOT to learn. We go back on Wens and I am in Mother/baby to start out.

Three exams next week-shew. Glad we have a 3 day wkend. Ok, off to get my kiddos then STUDY and finish my paper tonight.

2 comments:

Intelinurse said...

Sounds very interesting. My first day is Friday. Good luck next week on your exams.

Too Fat 4 Ponies said...

C-sections are interesting to watch. If you hear of a C-section with a tubal ligation you should go ahead and request to see that too.

Just finished my first day for the new semester... right there with you... papers... reading... tests... ughhh!

Too Fat, SN