8.21.2006

Creeping by--

My last day of freedom is creeping by. What am I doing with it? A trip to walmart, organizing the meals for the week, oh, and a nap!

Tomorrow--I have lecture from 0930 to 1530 on Med Surg and Mental Health, and I need to figure out what I am going to do about lunch? To bring or not to bring...

I have my reading done and outlines filed out. I will never forget the very 1st day of my 1st semester in nursing school. A girl sitting behind me spied my reading notes all completed prior to the start of class, and yelled, "OMG, someone already has notes!" All heads swiveled in my direction at that point. Redhead-red, again, as I was pegged as a nerd from day one. Fun. I also like to sit at the front of the room, thankyouverymuch.

So, we have these two long clinical orientation days this week. I guess we will be lectured on how to act, what to wear, etc, etc. 7 hrs x 2 of that should be just dandy. I think I'm all set...I expect well wishes from you guys out there! ;)

BTW, hello to all who have popped by here and dropped me a comment. I feel really welcomed to the community of bloggers out there! Thanks.

1 comments:

Intelinurse said...

confession...I hate the full day "orientation" at the clinical site. I hate the walking tour and I especially can't stand it when the clinical intructor "announces" our presence by saying, "excuse me, this is the new student nurses." I feel so humiliated. I know I should feel proud but I dont.

I cant even fathom two days of it. You must have a med/surg and a mental health one huh?

Anyways-Im wishing you luck. I cant wait to hear about it!