
(above: the "gouty" king)
My NCLEX books all piled around me, my ATI crap up on the monitor, and a huge glass of Diet coke in front of me--this is my life right now and I am so tired of it.
The amazing thing is how much I DONT KNOW! Seriously people, I know nursing school zooms by, but we didnt learn much of anything, seemingly. Not much I can do about that except work my way through things that are glaringly lacking when I stumble on them.
Case in point: read all about gout and gaits this morning. (Every time I hear about gout I think of King Henry VIII--he had horrible gout and syphilis. YUCK! Imagine being one of his wives. Bet he was sexy.)
So a lot of this stuff is common sense and I feel like I can feel my way through it, but some of the info I am missing is scaring the doo-doo out of me. Like crutches and canes--no, we never went through gaits or anything in school. So today I have been standing up "pretending" to advance my left crutch, my right foot, my left foot and then my right foot (a four point gait)--I probably look crazy. The hubby just looks at me and shakes his head when I do this kind of stuff. (They are off at church BTW while I sit here and obsess.)
Enough of that chatter. The good stuff--
I start my job tomorrow! YEEHAW. I am so excited and totally have my rosed colored glasses on. Some of my classmates are loving their first jobs thus far, and others are having trouble with their preceptors, floors, level of acuity, etc. Ok, so I KNOW I may have some problems when I start, but come on! I made it through school--nothing can be as bad as all that! Yes, it is going to be stressful. But I am going to stay POSITIVE. Really, I promise.
Man, gotta get back to the books. Wish I could play online all day. Poop.
1.20.2008
Here I sit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there and just remember that there's no way you can learn it ALL before the NCLEX!! They just want to make sure you can be a competent nurse! You will do fine ~ even if you feel sick afterwards! I hope you have a great first day at work tomorrow. Sending cyber hugs your way!!
I hope you have a great first day! Good luck :)
How was your first day????
Post a Comment