Alas, today was my last encounter with the plastic sim man. Yes, my group bottomed out his BP to 80/50 and almost killed him...but it was a good way to end things. No matter that we felt like fools for not catching that we needed to bolus him with NS or that we needed to up his O2 to 10 liters via face mask. And in the end it mattered little that we forgot to give him his gentamycin IVPB. *sigh* It's over.
YYYYYYIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! No more blasted sim man for me--EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Working on that dummy was a real pain in the arse. Now, on to ATI. Yes, I have an ATI exam at 7AM tomorrow. Why? Because my school likes to torture us. And the real kicker is that the test is in Leadership--another completely mindless subject that bores me to...ok, tears. How cliche is that?
Top it with the fact that I have the flu or a really bad virus or something. Spent LOADS of time running (no pun intended) to the bathroom at school and missing chunks of lecture. I didnt realize how much medication a group of 60-some nursing students could pack away in their bags until I was offered everything from Gas-X to Zanax today at school for my ailment. Ended up with some dayquil flu and a couple acetaminophen for good measure.
Yes, so off to read about lassez-faire leadership and DRG's. Yuck.
3 more weeks of classes!!!!!!!!!
PS I got flowers today. My hubby likes me a lot.
11.15.2007
goodbye sim man!
Posted by Prisca: at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The leadership thing was ridiculous and I didn't know what half of it meant. We only had to score above 50% of the national mean to avoid remediation, and I did that, but not much better. What a waste of my life. The funny thing is, on the NCLEX predictor test, I got 100% on leadership. Go figure.
Post a Comment