8.15.2007

playing on youtube

Woke up EARLY this morning--the nerves are beginning. Have started looking at competencies and one of my skills is NG tube placement. It helps to watch it done, and I found this video that convinces me that placing them in a lab setting at school is a crappy idea. Where are the mannequins? Geez, poor girl:

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree, that lab is a very bad idea!! We used mannequins! That would suck. You would have to pay me way too much to do that!!

Anonymous said...

That's awful!! We used mannequins too, but the nasal cavity was only 1in, so we didn't learn too much ;) I probably will graduate without ever having to do one!

Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

I'd rather give an enema than place an NG tube. I've finished nursing school without having done either on a real person, but I'm sure that would change quickly once on the floor.

There's no way we would have been allowed to have this much fun while performing that skill.

Anonymous said...

ugghh! no way our school will allow this! I feel sorry for the "pt"