Have a moment before leaving this morning to post this second little tidbit for all you new nursing students out there. Here is what STAYS in my clinical bag:
-pocket nurse drug book
-brunner med surg nursing handbook
-collection of black pens and pencils
-replacement badge holder (had mine break a couple times so this is good to have)
-calculator
-gum
-little kit with tape, stapler, staple remover, etc
-pocket planner
-handful of alcohol swabs
-couple pair of (clean) glooves
-tape
-lipgloss
-ink pen eraser (not to be used on charting, people! i use this for paperwork)
-ponytail holders
-note cards
-nail file
-penlight
-reflex hammer
-couple pairs of bandage scissors
-hand sanitizer/lotion from B&B works (cant live without this!)
-scope w/ flashlight/penlight thing on it
Not pictured:
clipboard (mine opens up so I can hide stuff inside-got it at walmart for like 4 bucks--it is FAB)
paperwork folder
brain
extra pair of socks (yuck)
Need:
hemostat
7.31.2007
so you are about to start nursing school (part 2)
Posted by Prisca: at 10:37 AM
Labels: clinical, Nursing School (general)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You have a cool stethoscope! Maybe you already mentioned this, but did you have a clinical with peds yet? Did you get a special peds stethoscope? Thanks :)
You seem so organized! :)
p.s. sorry to keep commenting on your page! i'm just procrastinating studying for finals :)
I just read Kim's comment and I too am procrastinating studying for a midterm. Just wanted to say this post and your other one about what to have are dead on...although where was this great wealth of information when I started school back in January? J/K. I'm going to forward your link to a friend who's starting in August and I still plan on using some of the useful tips (especially book recommendations) for myself. Have a wonderful vacation.
Hey, great stuff for clinicals :D I refused to bring my drug book thanks for the PDA. Was the reflex hammer a requirement from your school? That's cool!
Btw, I followed your suggestions on the best books. I got myself the handbook for Medical Surgical book. It's really compact and concise, thanks!!!
hey guys-some answers:
-no, i didnt buy a special stethescope-the peds unit i was on had those available at the bedside of each patient.
-the reflex hammer was necessary for OB.
-yes, you can link me and i will do the same!
That is sooo cool! I always think it is soo funny how much stuff I have. I usually don't notice it, until i go to clean everything w/alcohol! I have everything but the hammer, we don't do the hammer.
omg, i just noticed.... you will be heading into your LAST semester! Egad! How exciting!
Post a Comment