7.23.2007

the calendar and babies

We have to bring a "pocket size calendar" to orientation...hm. Methinks my calendar will be well used this semester. Spending an hour putting dates into my calendar yesterday basically means that I am offically busy again.

It's pretty exciting to be going into a new facility this semester--plus it is a hospital I have heard amazing things about. Clinicals have taught me so much, and last semester I lost some of my confidence so this time I am going to try to "act" more like I know what I am doing.

I get to teach an abbreviated childbirth class this week which it so exciting--being a CBE (childbirth educator) is what got me into the nurse mindset all those years ago when I started this trip towards my degree. (I would say "journey" but am beginning to hate that analogy.) My next step is to get certified through DONA or some other organization so I can teach "for real." I can't imagine making $ doing something I love so much.

So on my schedule are some birthdays and a baby shower which I haven't hosted in a zillion years-shows ya how old my friends and I are! The hubby and I have talked about "trying" for kiddo number three after I grad, but I dunno. Can't imagine adding a baby to the family and all that entails.

Trying to think of how to incorporate my experience as a doula and CBE into my resume? I also volunteered and taught some childbirth classes at a crisis preganancy center a long while ago. Oh, and I need to buy an interview outfit. Hopefully I'll get an interview to wear the thing to?

0 comments: