12.01.2006

Baby, its cold outside!



Check out my deck this morning! Miracle of miracles, we got a snow day today--NO MH CLINICAL and we don't have to make it up....

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, of course I am studying hard and using my time wisely-ha! Here is what I HAVE been doing!
Isn't this funny? Got the kit at Costco and this was so easy. The kids had fun putting the house together, too.

Anyway, now I am trying to buckle down and study for my last OB test, write up some care plans and work on a study guide for one of my finals. I am ready to just be done!

My interview went well but I don't think I'll be taking the job. Orientation starts the week after finals and then I have to cover 10 shifts in the first two months--right when next semester begins. Yeah, not a good idea. The beginning of our semesters are brutal. It just isn't worth it. Maybe next summer I will be able to pick up some tech work when I am not so stretched.

Thanks Wendy for the 411! :) You helped me make my decision.

3 comments:

Nursapalooza said...

Dang, i am so envious...snow, a gingerbread house...AND NO CLINICAL! WHOOOOHOOOO is right! Thanks for your encouragment. Honest, I did practice and practice, at home and in the lab. I am continuing to do so, i feel so stupid! But hey, i won't give up...yet! Good luck on those 10 shifts, eesh. Are you getting your BSN? Or your ADN? Heather

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm in Quebec. Where's my snow???

Tried to e-mail you this morn and it kicked back. Update me. I need to talk to you.

The kids at the White's house (not the White House) made a house like yours and they came in the next morning to a gingerbread lean-to because their dog ate half of it. They now have a stable for Jesus instead of a Christmas House. A very colourful Bethlehem indeed. She sent me a very funny picture of the lean-to that I wish I knew how to upload into the comment here.

Miss you and your kids.

Anonymous said...

Awesome gingerbread house! Much better than then one my daughter and I attempted to make last week!