Well, I have studied, and I feel like I know nothing. It is wierd how nursing school tests are made up of a.)common sense stuff and/or b.)stuff you memorize like processes or physiology that you have to THEN come up with common sense answers for. My two exams tomorrow are type a tests, I THINK! In other words, I won't know until I take them, but they seem very much like common sense stuff and the pertinent critical thinking choices about said stuff. My OB test Wens is all physiology and hard cold facts. Yeah, I will have to make critical thinking choices on hard cold facts, but still...Oh my, I am making no sense again...
Summary: I find myself irritated that I feel like I have studied and studied and know nothing. And I missed a dinner with the fam to study...for no reason. Crap.
I did come up with a nice mnemonic concerning the Axis of the "DSM-blah-blah-blah-IV" as I like to call it:
My (mental disorders, etc)
Pretty (personality disorders and retardation)
Monkey (medical conditions)
Eats (enviornmental probs)
Feces (functioning-assessment of)
Hopefully I won't laugh too hard when I write it on my scantron. I write all that stuff down in full just to see if my instructors ever notice. I am trying to share the laughter. I am kind. Haven't had anyone say anything yet...and they keep getting wierder.
9.04.2006
Monkey Time
Posted by Prisca: at 10:10 PM
Labels: Mental health, Studying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment